In the Pre-Kindergarten classes we work on getting ready for the big world of Kindergarten
* We work on our numbers and what they mean (ex. that four toys mean the number 4)
* We learn our alphabet and the sounds that each letter makes
* We play with shapes and experiment with them
* We work on our cutting skills by using different objects to cut. All of which is under close supervision and we talk about scissor safety
* We play a lot of learning games. Children will learn faster and retain information longer if it is played as a game. I enjoy making the games that we play.
* Science experiments under close teacher supervision
* We enjoy artwork each day and free choice center time.
* I supply a snack with fruit or veggies, crackers and milk
I had the privilege of a Kindergarten teacher coming to observe one year and she was preparing to leave my pre-k class that she asked if she could have the whole class next year, as they were very well behaved and enjoyed their class time. My classes are structured but have lots of love.